Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Me

My name is Bill Zacharkiw, a fan of food and wine. I love great meals, the Allman Brothers, the Laurentians, my family, and numerous other things. I'm the caviste and sommelier at the restaurant L'Eau a la Bouche in Ste-Adele, Quebec, and part-owner of Fonduementale in Montreal. In keeping with my duties, I've been exposed to great food and wine and a great group of bon vivants, gourmandes and cooks. This blog started with the intention to loosely critique the wines that I get an opportunity to drink.

The world of critiquing wine relies too much on snap judgements. Wine was made to go with food. When the choice of both is right on, when you get that harmony of flavours, textures and smells, it's a great thing. Bonus!

So the newer entries will try and transribe some of these meals, hopefully with the intention of exploring the thought that went into it. Please comment, send and email, or just enjoy it. Thanks for reading.